Gujarat located in the western part, is the 7th largest state in India. Gujarat is one of the most popular tourist regions in India. Many structures in the state are built During the Sultanate reign. Gujarat is also the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism is Amitabh Bachchan.
Gujarat points of interest: Fairs and festivals in Gujarat:
- Global Garba” (October–November)
- Kite Festival (Makar Sankranti,11–15 January, Ahmedabad)
- Kankaria Carnival” (25–31 December, Ahmedabad)
- Rann Utsav” (November–December, Kutch)
- Modhera Dance Festival” (3rd week January, Modhera)
- Tarnetar Fair (August, Tarnetar)
- Vautha Mela (November, Vautha)
Archeological and heritage tourism in Gujarat: Laxmi Vilas Palace, Vadodara World heritage sites like Lothal, Dholavira and Champaner are also located in Gujarat.
Hill Stations in Gujarat:
Religious tourism in Gujarat:
|Dakor||Dwarka||Junagadh Buddhist Cave Groups|
|Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Ahmedabad||Somnath||Sudama Mandir|
|Sun Temple Modhera||Swaminarayan Mandir – Bhuj||Tulsi Shyam|
|Blackbuck National Park, Velavadar||Gir National Park||Gulf of Kutch|
|Kutch Bustard Sanctuary||Marine National Park||Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary|
|Vansda National Park|
The Royal Orient Train, an Indian luxury tourism train covering important tourist locations between Gujarat and Rajasthan states.